This year has been a very stressful, busy yet rewarding year for everyone here at Dojo Blog and in the world in general. I wanted this article to go through all of the big events that has happened here on the blog and in the world in general to go into some detail about each event as a sort of memorial to the past year. All the details have been set into sections so have a look through and enjoy.
Top 5 Blog Posts
Many blog posts were made here at Dojo Blog this year. Here are the top five from this year based on the amount of comment responses they got.
- My article called ‘Can’t sleep, won’t sleep?‘ came in top with the most user responses from this year, I am pleased you found the article useful and felt the need to comment.
- In at joint first (but will be listed as number 2) is another article by me called ‘Is abortion right?‘ of where I shared my views on what I thought of this controversial issue. It was great to also hear your views on a subject you clearly had heavy opinions on.
- Another article by me? Seriously? Anyway, the third most popular article of this year which struck a response is called ‘Make blogging fun for you‘ where I tell you how to get the most enjoyment out of blogging.
- A time for Adry to join us in the list of popularity. Her blog post on ‘How our grandparents lived‘ struck a nice response on what you all remembered from the past.
- Last but not least is an article again by Adry which talks all about greed and our comments viewed our thoughts on bad business and banking!
Top 5 Internet Searches
This list is complied according to what the Washington Post say was the most searches terms on Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- The Olympics – This massive event which took place in London, UK struck up a lot of search terms from this year. It was a fantastic event and well deserves top search term for this year.
- iPhone 5 – Yes, another iPhone (well another number, the product is practically the same). However Apple controlled a large amount of searches for the iPhone 5.
- Election 2012 – Oh yes! Policitcs – Well, nothing much to be said here. A lot happened in politics in this year aross the world.
- Kate Middleton – Widely searched person from Google who came in second in people searches. Obviously a big deal now she is married into the royal family.
- Hurricane Sandy – The storm which flooded parts of the east cost and caused many issues. You most likely already know this so not much to be said. Heart goes out to anyone effected by this though.
The Dojo Network
As we all know her, our amazing forumer, webmaster, freelancer, blogger, designer, coder (and the list goes on). There has been a lot happening around her network and many websites have been developed, worked on ect.
Top Admin hit the world which at the time was known as Top Community. The forum was launched by our friend dojo on February 1st 2012 and has expanded massively reaching 20,000 posts. We also caught the launch of the Top Admin job board to sell our freelance work. I am sure Top Admin will continue to do well in 2013.
Dojo Blog – well Dojo Blog’s (The Romanian and English versions) continued very nicely seeing many articles, new authors and also a nice new matching design for each. Will be nice to see what the new year holds for these blogs.
Well that is about it for things that I will go into detail about. There were many other events like PSY’s Gangnam Style video been the first to reach 1 billion views on YouTube and also some more tragic events like the death of Amanda Todd and the Connecticut shootings (of which my heart goes out to). All of us here at Dojo Blog wish you a happy new year and we all hope you have a very good 2013. We have a lot to look forward to.