I think everyone of us enjoys a glass of lemonade once in a while. You have the icy lemonade on a hot summer day, the lemonade you drink at the bar or the one you enjoy with your friends when camping.
However, all those lemonades that have “natural juice” written all over it are not that healthy. Let’s face it, it’s all a big fat lie.
So, what do you do when you feel the need to have a nice, sweet, tasty lemonade?
One solution would be squeezing one-two lemons every time you feel the need to vitaminize, but after a while would’t that become annoying?
Another way to go is making your own homemade lemonade. It’s easy to prepare and will only take 20 minutes.
lemons: 3 lbs. (or 1,5 kg)
sugar: 2 lbs. (or 1 kg)
water: 34 ounces (or 1 liter)
That’s it. Oh,don’t forget a pot, a grater and a lemon squeezer. Now you’re good.
What you need to do is:
1) put your water and sugar together in the pot and let them boil;
2) meanwhile, grate all the lemon peel and squeeze all your lemons;
3) add the lemon peel in the boiling water and let it boil 5 more minutes (gives you a chance to finish squeezing all those lemons);
4) let the pot cool a little bit then take out the lemon peel (who wants to see that in their glass? );
5) add the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the mix and.. mix well.
6) you’re done!
Five steps to enjoying a homemade health lemonade. Now pour it all in clean bottles and keep it in the fridge.
Remember: this is a concentrate, so add water to your taste.
You can also add some concentrate in your cup of tea, it tastes great!