It’s almost winter, it’s cold and our insides should be screaming “we want vitamins!”
Eating raw fruits everyday can get pretty boring (at least for me it does) so, instead of vitamin pills or supplements I prefer something more… edible. And sweet, of course, since most fruit are, except for some.
Lemons, for example. They are FULL of vitamins and are perfect for the cold season but who likes to eat them slice by slice? I found this lemon foam recipe in an old cookbook and I’d like to share it with you, maybe you’ll find lemons more appealing from now on 🙂
Ingredients we need:
5 lemons (or limes)
1/2 kilo cream cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
How to make the lemon foam:
1. Separate the eggs. Peel the lemons. Grate the peel of 2 lemons and cut 3 of them in thin slices.
2. Mix the yolks with sugar, cream cheese and the grated lemon peel, then add the lemon slices cut earlier.
3. Prepare the gelatin (as it says on the pack) then mix it with the juice squeezed from the 2 lemons which remained intact.
4. Beat the egg whites into a foam and mix everything together: the cream cheese with the gelatin and the egg foam.
5. Keep everything in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or until it thickens).
That’s it. Your lemon foam is ready to be served. You can decorate it with lemon slices or other fruit.