When did this week ‘run’ so fast?
It’s already Sunday and we’re getting closer to the end of the year. This week for us meant a lot of work and some deadlines, but it’s all good. We also went to a private clinic in the city to discuss the details of the upcoming birth of our daughter, to find out how much it will finally cost. We’re also planning on storing stem cells from the umbilical cord, so this will drive our cost up.
This week in the personal finance blogging has been filled with interesting articles, even if it already tends to be less active than usual. It’s normal, we’re all preparing for the holidays and making plans for the new year.
Here are 5 of the articles from the personal finance blogs I really enjoyed reading and hope you’ll do, too:
- Money-saving tips for the holidays – yes, it’s that time of the year, when we’re making plans and (ideally) some budgets for the upcoming holidays. If you’re not planning on starting 2014 broke, here are some good common sense ideas for saving some money and still enjoying the events.
- Financial Changes When You Work For Yourself – as a small business owner, working from home, I relate to most of the ideas in this article. Worth reading if you’re interested in starting freelancing anytime soon.
- Saving for a Better Future Doesn’t Mean Having to Sacrifice Today – one article I really love since its main idea is something I have personally thought about. You can save money and be more responsible, without losing any joy in life. It’s all about priorities.
- Debt Confessions: Ashley’s Story – absolutely love these stories. Real life people telling us about their choices, mistakes, ways they will get or got debt free.
- I Broke Up With My Financial Planner – a pretty sad story about using a financial planner and getting a bad service.