Asking someone out can be one of the hardest things to do, whether you are old or young that fear of rejection and humiliation can strike you every time. Many people have asked me for advice on asking someone out. My simple answer is there is no simple way to ask someone out. You just have to build up the courage and make your move. I would like to elaborate on that today.
What is honestly the worst that could happen? You get rejected. That is about all, and that will only bother you for a small amount of time. Therefore taking the risk is really worth it, if they say yes then great. If not, I doubt it will really change your life much at all. You have to ask the question or you will never know.
If someone says no the first time you ask them it may be because of multiple reasons. It could be the fact they do not like you in the same way, it seemed like the easiest answer at the time or they never thought about a relationship between you two. No matter which of these reasons a no is said are good. The fact is for the next couple of days they will be thinking about you and know that you are interested in them and therefore may reconsider at a later date and say yes. Even if a yes never comes, you will eventually feel better for asking and will be able to move on with your life in which ever direction you chose. The saying is – there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Having said all that, you came here for advice. Now let me get this clear, there is no 100% proven success method as if you are asking a girl out they can be very strange, as can guys but there is a few steps that can help you on your way to either a date or rejection. Neither of them are bad!
- Relax. There are so many people out there that get really nervous about asking someone out, more so when you are friends with the person already. However this is not a big deal. Relax as much as possible so you actually end up asking someone on a date.
- Find space. It will be ten times easier to ask someone out if you two are alone. It will make it much harder and could even scare the person you want to be with if you ask them in a crowd.
- If they say yes – be happy and show you care and do your best to keep them.
- If they say no – get over it, you have a lot of other people you have chances with and one person will not end your chance of a relationship.
- Remember if you get rejected then try, try again. There is someone for everyone.
Remembering these tips can help you. I have been rejected so many times in the past and none of them bother me now. So if you do get rejected at all then just remember there is a lot of other people out in the world so you don’t need to get yourself hung up over one person.